Painter and engraver Elli – Maria Komninou – Nenedaki was born in 1937 in Athens. She was an apprentice to D. Giannoukakis (1956 – 1959) and then studied decoration at the Athens Technological Organisation while working as an assistant to Y. Tsarouchis in theatre (1959 – 1962).
She taught in the stage design workshop of S. Vassiliou at the Athens Technological Organisation as his assistant (1962 – 1963). In 1963 she enrolled in the Athens School of Fine Arts where she studied painting under Yiannis Moralis. She graduated in 1967 and continued her studies in engraving in Sweden, at the Kongl Konstakademien in Stockholm (1969 – 1971), and in fresco in Paris at the École Nationale Supérieure des Arts Décoratifs (1971 – 1972). Following her return to Greece, she worked again at the Athens Technological Organisation and in independent Schools and the Technological Educational Institutes as an assistant professor.
She has presented her work in solo exhibitions mainly in Athens and Rethymnon (her husband’s place of origin), and in group exhibitions, including the Pan-Hellenic exhibitions (1963, 1964, 1965, 1967, 1975). She has also taken part in group exhibitions that were held abroad, in tributes to Greek Artists (1987 – Exhibition of Greek Artists in Sofia, Bulgaria) etc. She has also worked as a book illustrator. She is a member of the Chamber of Fine Arts of Greece.